Thursday 15 March 2018

New sweater

Good morning, and welcome to my blog.  I finally got round to knitting myself a new sweater, even though it's nearly spring.  Hopefully, I'll get some wear out of it, as cold weather and snow are forecast for the weekend.

This was a free Drops pattern found on Ravelry, knitted in 4ply.  It's knitted in the round, top down on circular needles.

Although I've been knitting for more than 50 years, I've only just started knitting on circular needles.  I enjoy it, but have realized that you really do need to have a decent quality circular needle to work with.  I just had a cheap bamboo one in the right size, I had to push and pull the stitches around the needle, and, as a result, the plastic cord snapped!  Not good when you have 400 stitches on the needle!

I'm pleased with the finished article, but did a size larger than usual, as Drops patterns do turn out quite small.

No comments:

Post a Comment